Friday, November 14, 2008

solipsist

L'idée que les lieux ou choses n'existent qu'en fonction de notre présence est un concept particulier. Voici un extrait de la pièce Insignificance de Terry Johnson, dont la référence à cette philosophie est poussée plus loin (j'inclut seulement le dialogue):
Ballplayer: What's a solipsist, remind me.
Senator: I believe that only I exist. All the rest of you exist only in my imagination.
Ballplayer: (laughs) That's stupid. I exist.
Senator: Sure you do, but only in my head.
Ballplayer: OK, if we only exist in your head then how come we were here last night without you?
Senator: You weren't.
Ballplayer: Bullshit. We were here before you arrived even.
Senator: Prove it.
Ballplayer: If I don't exist how come I'm arguing?
Senator: I like to argue.
Ballplayer: [...] Right, let me tell you something. I ain't with you and I still exist!
Senator: Prove it. [...] You're nothing!
Ballplayer: [...] I do thousand of things when you ain't around. I drink coffee, I screw around, I go to movies...
Senator: No you don't, I only think you do.
Ballplayer: What about everyone else?
Senator: All in here.
Ballplayer: What about everyone who lived before you, everyone who's dead?
Senator: I killed 'em.

Alors, pensez-vous n'être qu'une fiction imaginé par autrui ou, êtes-vous le créateur de ce que vous voyez ou, vous ne croyez pas qu'une personne seule peut être responsable de l'existence du monde? Après tout, si l'on peut croire que les choses existent seulement lorsqu'on est en contact avec elles, pourquoi les gens qui nous entourent ne feraient-ils pas partie de cette grande illusion?

No comments: