Monday, September 15, 2008

Break down of a stillness illusion

If I enter in Catherine's museum, I see still image with moving life. Sometimes the stillness comes from people staring at representation of movement. Sometimes the living move around fix image of other times. If I walk through the space and stand in front of a painting, I'm a moving creature look at a past movement on a wall. The image itself can show -- represent -- movement, like a ocean storm made of colored oil. But in fact, the paint have been made from a moving brush attached to the moving arm of a living man (or woman). Every parts of it are a witness of the painting action trying to recreate a subjective representation of a nature in motion. My eyes are looking at it, going from corner to corner, details and back to an overall view. And the cells of my brain are connecting elements together. It could happen that my soul feel in love with what I see. So I'm moving in many senses, just like the painting in front of me is in constant movement. There is nothing still in this world, only the illusion of it.

No comments: